Law Office of JoJene E. Mills, P.C.
520.529.3200 Toll Free 866.529.3201

If you are medically wronged, what should you do?

Let's say that you are treated at a medical facility after suffering some sort of medical emergency. The severity of the medical emergency could be minor in nature, or it could be incredibly serious. But in any case, mistakes are made on the part of the medical professionals involved and you suffer even more than just the symptoms of your medical condition as a result.

Here is the question: what should you do?

It may seem like the answer is so obvious, but there are some very basic procedural steps that need to be taken before you can proceed with any medical malpractice action against a medical professional or medical institution.

To begin, you need to inform the medical professional (or professionals) involved and you need to inform the relevant medical licensing board of your situation. Doing this could actually lead to a solution before even having to file a lawsuit.

If this doesn't lead to a solution, then you need to contact a lawyer and learn how long you have to file a medical malpractice claim. Once that is known, you can receive a medical assessment to determine your physical state and to see if your case has merit.

If your case does have merit, then you could end up fighting the case in court, or an out-of-court settlement could be reached. The latter is far more likely. Most medical malpractice cases are settled out of court. You should be prepared for either scenario, but it is important to realize that most cases are not settled in court.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information